Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Living in Luxury!

Recently, Justin and I went to the Aldrebrook Resort and Spa. It was so nice! It was very beautiful. We wanted to go hiking, but decided not to because of the rain. Maybe this summer we can go hiking up there without staying there (it's a little pricey!). We had dinner at the restaurant... Justin had king crab leg and lamb. I had a chicken fettuccine dish. It was pretty good, but honestly, I'm not a very fancy person, and it was hard for me to spend over $100 on that meal. I wish they had a Denny's across the street or something. :)
The highlight for me was swimming. The pool was huge and just warm enough. It was deep enough that we could dive in and there were only a couple other people there so it was almost like we had it all to ourselves. They had a huge hot tub too. Justin liked that better than the pool, but not me. Those things are nice for a while, but they're too hot, I think. So after we went in the hot tub for a bit, I went back in the pool. Not Justin, though. He likes the heat.
The view from our room was gorgeous. It looks over the Hood Canal. We were able to get a few pictures, but none of them does the view justice.
Justin really wanted to get a couples massage... it is a spa after all. We weren't planning on it, so we didn't make reservations for it ahead of time. They ended up being completely booked for all massages (and all rooms). I couldn't believe it. We went the last weekend in January, and they were totally booked! I can't imagine what it's like in the summer when there's so much more to do there.
Anyway, we had a great time. It was nice to spend some much needed quality time together and celebrate making it through 7 years of marriage! :) It's been a bumpy ride at times, but I've learned that it's those times that help us grow as individuals and as a couple. When we are pushed to the limit, we realize we're much more capable of things than we thought. I'm grateful to be making life's journey with Justin. He is a wonderful man!

This was our room. Justin is on the phone trying to schedule a massage. We had some A&W Root beer floats (pretty good), and some chocolate and vitamin water... quite the array of treats! :)

We're standing on the balcony outside our room... it was beautiful!

Justin loved posing for pictures!

We had to have at least one semi-clear picture of the two of us.

And here it is...

the beautiful view...

...of Hood Canal

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you guys were able to have a weekend alone to replenish your relationship. All of us married couples need weekends like that. The pictures look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete