Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas... finally!

It has taken me til now to put the few pictures on here from Christmas, but we had a great Christmas! The kids loved being with family and getting presents of course. I was surprised by how excited Brooklyn got about giving presents this year too. She could not wait for us to open the presents that she picked out at Santa's Workshop at school. Miles went crazy for the candy, but we tried to tone it down a bit this year with that. He loved his cars too, and he got plenty of those. Riley and Brooklyn each got a Barbie and a Baby doll. My favorite gift that they got was a clip on light for their bed. They each have one, and now when we put them to bed they can stay in bed to read books and then they are really good about turning them off when they're ready to fall asleep. Now they don't ask to read in the hallway at bedtime. The whole Season was just a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone for all you give to us and for all you do for us. We are incredibly grateful for the friends and family that we have in our lives!

This is the Advent Calendar that took us over a year to make. We went through several revisions. Finally it turned out just how we wanted, and the girls loved hanging up an ornament each day. Riley was modeling it for me.


Miles opening his stocking.


Brooklyn and Riley with their stockings.


My 3 kiddos


3 comments:

  1. The first thought that came to my mind is that you are so creative. You are a very sweet girl and I think your family is very lucky to have you around. It looks like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just saw that you had a blog off your facebook profile page... so fun! I love your advent calendar... so creative. We were boring and bought one a few years ago. :) I like yours better, though.

    Michelle Pitcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blog stalking, hope you don't mind. You have such a beautiful family and I can tell you are a fabulous mother! Those kids are lucky to have you. But you probably think you are lucky to have them. You would all be right. :)

    ReplyDelete